"We learn and grow in unique ways to become lifelong learners and responsible global citizens.”
The 3 Core Values of ISB:
Every interaction between ISB community members be conducted in a caring and sensitive manner. We all must help make sure that ISB is a safe and nurturing environment for children. No member of the ISB community should ever be subjected to discrimination or abuse for any reason including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, lifestyle, or disabilities.
Every member of the community is expected to work towards achieving their personal best each and every day. We are here to help students make decisions about how they learn best and take risks so that they are always willing to try to succeed in new ways. To try and fail is always ok. To fail to try is not.
Teaching and learning are most effective when students are having fun. If it is not fun, it is not memorable.
What We Believe:
- our first responsibility is making ISB a safe and happy place for children
- every member of the learning community deserves respect and is responsible for respecting others
- every member of the learning community is responsible for making every school day challenging, rewarding and fun
- all students are capable of achieving great things
- each student must play an active role in identifying and developing his/her own unique set of skills
- students are better motivated when they participate in the assessment process
- students must explore topics and themes in local and global contexts
- learning is most fun when students get to explore the links between subjects and ideas
- students need to be given genuine opportunities to be responsible for their behaviour and learning; only then can they be proud of their achievements
- students must be encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle which includes a proper diet, plenty of recreation and leisure and good sleeping habits